Monday 12 March 2012

My Story with Antarctica- Hi from Argentina


Hi from Argentina
12.3.2012

Dear friends,

My life time experience is accomplished successfully by the grace of Allah. I'm back from the Antarctic with a heart full of wonder, hope, happiness, strength, peace, courage, challenge, unforgettable scenes and mixed feelings. Being one of few people who walked to No Man Land is unbelievable. I still have that weird feeling of it not being real. Yet, the scariest part is the coming. I can feel the big load on my shoulders to deliver the message of Antarctic and environment preservation, sustainability and inspiring people all around the world.

I would like to greatly thank my sweetheart and lovely niece Aziza for her great efforts on keeping you posted with my updates when I was in the Antarctic. She was the one updating my facebook page and my blog as well. I wish she was with me in the Antarctic. She really deserves such kind of opportunities.

I won’t forget to thank you all for your support and follow-up. I got the chance to check my facebook page few times but couldn’t write back.

The efforts I had given to make this expedition are worth it. It is a story worth sharing, the message is worth spreading and token of the Antarctic importance is worth being passed to future leaders of positive change. I’m speechless. I wish I was a good writer, a poet, composer or an artist.

It is a sad feeling to leave the 2041 team, the 71 participants, the ship and its team. We became a big family that lived with harmony and peace for 14 life time days. But we promised to stay together and work together on our mission towards keeping the Antarctic for everyone yet owned by no one.

I will be back to Oman by March 17th.

Blessings and prayers from Argentina.

Zeena

No comments:

Post a Comment