Monday 27 February 2012

My Story with Antarctica- In Ushuaia







Ushuaia
27.2.2012



The place here is incredible and the view from my room is stunning and amazing. I met with some of the team members. Unfortunately some of the flights got delayed and will be arriving by tomorrow. I will get time to remember all the names and recall them faster. It is only the food that is not that good for me. I have to be vegetarian for sometime in Ushuaia as there is no halal food. You will see me thinner once I'm back insahllah.

I had a great walk from the hotel to the down town for about 8 km with a new friend from France. Most of the shops were closed though it's a Monday. We couldn't understand the reason behind it. The way back to the hotel was tyring as we had to walk up the road. I appreciate the health and strength given by allah, alhamdulillah. It is just amazing to watch all the surrounding green areas and mountains with their white hats (snow).

It is nice to get to meet the new comers of the team and welcome them when they enter to the hotel. What a wonderful opportunity to mingle with them and get to know more about the cultures and backgrounds. It is also exciting to share the important things about my country. I loved it how people appreciated the way I got my fundraising done when Robert told them about it. This really makes me feel special and proud to be a role model for the Omani women and youth to go ahead and face the challenges around.

It is almost 12 pm now. I'm still full of energy and want to take some snaps of the stars. What a lovely and fantastic scene outside. It reminds me of my village back in Oman. We all live under the same sky and we all own Antarctica. My passion towards the mission I came for is just increasing and bringing me more excitement. We are coming Antarctica.



No comments:

Post a Comment